Fort Lauderdale, Florida is full of beautiful beaches, a system of Venice-like canals, a luxury yachting scene, new hotels, and top-tier restaurants. There’s something here for everyone, from college students looking for a party to families looking for a fun beach vacation. The city’s Port Everglades is one of the busiest cruise-ship ports in the world! Megaships depart here daily for the Caribbean, Mexico, and beyond. If a Caribbean cruise is on your travel radar, why not decide to arrive a few days early to explore Fort Lauderdale?
Whether Fort Lauderdale is your final destination or just a stop before heading out on a Caribbean cruise, this is the perfect place to have a great family vacation. Read on to learn about some of the best kid-friendly hotels and resorts we recommend for families in Fort Lauderdale!
Things To Do In Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale sits on Florida’s sandy east coast, and it’s no secret that this part of the world enjoys amazing weather year-round. It’s pretty much always beach weather here! However, there’s plenty to do here outside of surfing and sunbathing. Whenever you decide to visit with your family, you will always find plenty to do in Fort Lauderdale for everyone.
- Relax on the white sands of Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- Discover the vibrant heart of Fort Lauderdale on Las Olas Boulevard, featuring all of the best shopping, dining, cultural attractions, and more.
- Live Entertainment: Catch a show at the popular Broward Center for the Performing Arts and the Broward Convention Center.
- Visit the Museum of Discovery & Science, Butterfly World, and the Flamingo Gardens – kids will love these!
- Ride a water taxi, a fun way to get around the Fort Lauderdale waters!
Pelican Grand Beach Resort
Experience this private stretch of paradise on the Fort Lauderdale Coast at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Sitting directly on the Atlantic Ocean, Pelican Grand Beach Resort is a luxury hotel that boasts breathtaking views and instantly surrounds guests with a feeling of classic Florida splendor. There are endless Fort Lauderdale activities at and around the beachfront resort. From elegant beachfront dining to riding in the Lazy River, this private beach resort is one of the best hotels and it is the perfect setting for a family getaway!
- With several restaurants, private dining, as well as pool and beach dining, there are many delicious dining options to choose from.
- Relaxing on the private, pristine beach and in the pool, and lazy river.
- Water sports, from paddle boarding and kayaking to parasailing and snorkelling
- Funky Fish Ocean Camp provides a world-class kids program that is safe and fun and kids can make incredible memories.
- A spa where the adults can relax
- Stylish rooms with retro touches have free high-speed internet access, flat-screen TVs minifridges and coffeemakers.
- The upgraded, comfortable rooms have balconies, some with ocean views, while suites have separate living rooms, some with balconies.
- Plenty of activities around the resort such as golf, shopping, museums, theatres, and much more.
This beachfront hotel has easy access to dining and nightlife on Las Olas Boulevard and is 9 miles from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Discover the sandy stretches of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort an all-suite resort facing the waterfront. Since there is no kids club, this resort is great for families with older kids who want to relax. There are of course still places to play like the outdoor pool and beach but relaxing at the spa and on private cabanas is a big part of staying in this resort.
- Onsite dining: from casual eateries to gourmet markets, with options for anything you’re craving!
- Families can enjoy the outdoor pool and the beautiful beach.
- Relax in private cabanas.
- Unwind at the full-service spa.
- Newly renovated guest rooms with beach house style décor with Hilton brand “CleanStay” quality services and amenities.
The resort is three miles from Las Olas Boulevard’s vibrant restaurants and shops, with Fort Lauderdale Airport less than seven miles away.
Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale
The Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale suites has a prime location, located very close to the Broward County Convention Center and just two miles from the beach. The Sun Trolley, with routes across the whole neighborhood, stops right outside the resort. Enjoy the outdoor pool, patio, and discounted shuttles to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport and the cruise port.
- Enjoy a free, full breakfast buffet served daily
- All suites have a table with chairs, and a wet bar area with a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker.
- Eat and drink at the hotel’s bar and lounge on the outdoor Veranda.
- Attend complimentary evening receptions.
- Relax in the outdoor pool.
- Pet-friendly rooms, so you can bring the whole family.
Centrally located 2 miles from the International Airport, the beach, and downtown Fort Lauderdale, and it is close to the Intracoastal waterway.
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
The B Ocean Resort, formerly known as the Yankee Clipper, has been a favorite hot spot for American icons throughout history including Marilyn Monroe, and Joe DiMaggio, just to name a few. Discover beachside bliss at this iconic resort. B Ocean Resort creates an inclusive, engaging, and inviting space with unparalleled services for you and your family to experience.
- Relax on the private beach and at the two resort swimming pools.
- Take a leisurely stroll down the famous streets of Fort Lauderdale on our complimentary B Ocean Resort bicycles.
- Modern decor meets a locally-inspired, beach-chic aesthetic in the spacious rooms and suites.
- Join the Mermaids at B Ocean Resort for a fantastic interactive and family-friendly mermaid experience!
- Enjoy chic and unique dining experiences. From Award-Winning restaurants to dining with mermaids!
- Customize your very own spa package for ultimate relaxation.
This resort is located on the famous Fort Lauderdale Beach and is just minutes from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Port Everglades, and downtown Las Olas Boulevard.
Lago Mar Resort and Club
Lago Mar is the quintessential Fort Lauderdale beach resort. It is a favored destination for family beach vacations in Florida. In every Lago Mar experience, there is one constant, your comfort and satisfaction. Explore the fantastic Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Visit and experience one of the deepest private beaches in the city, 2 pools, a full-service spa, tennis courts, volleyball and basketball courts, and more!
- Spacious accommodations with private balconies
- Many different dining options from elegant eats on a terrace overlooking the pool to ice cream at the Soda Shop
- Go shopping at the resort shop considered the best boutique in Fort Lauderdale.
- Revitalize your body and mind at the resort spa.
- Enjoy the private beach, swimming pools, and private cabanas
- Take advance of watersports like boating, jet skiing or parasailing, fishing charters, and scuba diving
The Lago Mar Resort and Club is a 10-minute drive from the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District and a 15-minute drive from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
The Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale
Located on the beach, The Ritz-Carlton has a relaxed, seaside charm. Guests are encouraged to slow down, take in the beautiful views and savor every moment of their experience at this luxury resort. Kids also have tons of fun stuff to do. Like the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens, or check out an event or a game at Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino. Discover the area’s water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking/biking trails.
- Enjoy the ocean-view pool with private cabanas and a restaurant
- Burlock Coast restaurant with farm-to-table cuisine and private dining
- Spa showcasing natural ingredients including citrus and sea minerals
- Luxury accommodations with balconies and ocean views
- Club Lounge with dedicated services and exclusive amenities
- In the area, experience a lively beachfront area with bars, nightclubs, a scenic promenade & Bonnet House Museum & Gardens.
In a convenient location, the Ritz-Carlton is just a 10-15 minute drive to the Fort Lauderdale International Airport, 1 mile from the International Swimming Hall of Fame and 3 miles from both the Broward Center for the Performing Arts and the Museum of Discovery and Science.
The Westin Beach Resort
The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort invites you and your family to experience oceanfront tranquillity and unparalleled service. The Westin For Lauderdale Beach Resort offers everything your family needs to feel renewed and enriched. Settle into one of their redesigned rooms and suites, many of which offer ocean views. Stroll across the skywalk to the beach and shop on Las Olas Boulevard. Fort Lauderdale Beach offers 23 miles of pristine sand and sparkling blue waters. With a prime beachfront location, The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort brings the sun and surf right to your hotel doorstep.
- Hotel amenities in all rooms and suites include high-speed wireless Internet access, 24-hour in-room dining, coffee makers with Starbucks coffee, and much more.
- Enjoy the outdoor swimming pool that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- Begin your journey of wellness with relaxing spa treatments or awaken with outdoor yoga or a beach run.
- Take advantage of bicycle rentals, Beach Chairs, Non-motorized-beach sports, and beach toys.
- Relax in the peaceful Heavenly Spa by Westin™
- Enjoy Mexican fare at Pablo Salas’ Lona Cocina Tequileria, a hearty breakfast at Tinta, and poolside dining at Waves Bar & Grill.
The resort is in a great location as it is just a short drive from Las Olas Boulevard and the Fort Lauderdale Airport is just a 25-minute drive away.
LET US HELP FIND YOUR PERFECT DESTINATION
When you’re ready to plan a luxury family vacation, be sure to contact your TierOne Travel Consultant. They are travel experts that will help you find the best family hotels for you and your crew. They have extensive experience in life-changing travel experiences and will be able to craft something incredible that is suited to your unique needs!
One call; endless experiences!
“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous