Travel may look a bit different now, with all of the new regulations and safety precautions put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, once you’re ready and comfortable enough to travel again, you’ll be able to travel with complete peace of mind knowing you’re fully prepared for the journey!
Here are our top tips on how to prepare for travel again:
Before you Leave
Before you leave for your trip, here are a couple of things to do to help prepare so your trip goes as smoothly as possible!
- Check your passport and Government-issued ID to make sure it’s not expired
- Check your pre-departure emails
- Plan to arrive at the airport early to allow extra time
- Pack a mask (or two), as it will likely be required at the airport, inflight and in-destination
- Pack your own carry-on hand sanitizer
It is vital to research entry requirements for your destinations prior to departure so you know what to expect, and how to prepare. If you’re working with a TierOne Travel Consultant, they can inform you of all the requirements for your journey.
- Some destinations will require travelers to complete a registration form before arrival.
- It’s likely you will be required to complete a COVID-19 test before you travel, or quarantine after you arrive.
- Be sure to check entry requirements for each flight on your trip. Requirements may change while you are in destination, so it is recommended to check them often throughout your trip and before you return home.
- All incoming travelers to Canada must complete ArriveCAN. ArriveCAN is free and secure. It is the official Government of Canada platform to provide your information when entering Canada. Use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information on and after your entry into Canada. It only takes minutes to help keep everyone safe
You’ll enjoy additional peace of mind when you travel by deciding to purchase travel insurance!
Many airlines and travel companies are offering complimentary COVID-19 travel insurance coverage. This usually covers only up to $200,000 of coverage. It’s also a good idea to look at getting extra coverage, for an additional cost (for example, Manulife will cover up to $5 million). Your TierOne Travel Consultant can advise you on the best insurance products for your particular needs.
WestJet & WestJet Vacations
No-charge COVID-19 travel insurance
WestJet and WestJet Vacations provide inclusive COVID-19 insurance for travel up to 21 days, with coverage underwritten by TuGo.
COVID-19 Insurance provided and administered by Manulife
To be eligible for Air Canada’s COVID-19 coverage, travelers must be Aeroplan members and the duration of traveling outside Canada needs to be 21 days or less.
Air Canada Vacations
COVID-19 Coverage & Assistance Plan Administered by Allianz Global Assistance
Air Canada Vacations offers their COVID-19 coverage for itineraries for trips up to 21 days in length.
COVID-19 Emergency Medical Certificate of Insurance – Transat Tours Canada and Air Transat
Transat’s COVID-19 coverage is applicable for stays of up to 21 days. Manulife has underwritten this coverage.
Manulife- Paid Insurance
There is also an option to pay a bit extra for extra coverage through Manulife to give travelers $1,000,000 of emergency medical coverage if travelers contract COVID-19 while on vacation. This plan also includes normal travel insurance that will cover travelers for non-COVID-19-related emergency medical coverage, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage loss/damage/delays, and flight and travel accident coverage.
At the Airport
When you decide to travel again, you’ll undoubtedly notice that there have been some changes made at the airport. Here are some things that will be good to know for the next time you head to an airport:
- If someone is dropping you off or picking you up, they cannot come into the airport and they must wait outside.
- Face masks are always required.
- Some airports and airlines have touchless bag tagging stations.
- There have been enhanced cleaning measures and physical distancing put in place.
- You may need to complete a quick health questionnaire.
- Your temperature may be taken using a contactless method at airport screening.
On the Plane
Travel with peace of mind knowing airplanes are being cleaned extensively and frequently! Because of this, travelers can breathe a little easier while they fly…figuratively, and literally!
Here are a couple of things airlines are doing to keep their customers safe:
- Many airplanes are equipped with HEPA filters, which introduce fresh air into the cabin every 2-3 minutes and filter 99.99% of all airborne particles.
- Most airlines will provide travelers with hand sanitizer wipes so they can wipe down their space further.
- Airlines have also reduced contact between flight attendants and customers during the snack and beverage service.
No matter when you decide to return to travels, your TierOne Travel Consultant is here to help make sure your future travel plans are safe and so very enjoyable!
START PLANNING YOUR nEXT VACATION TODAY
When you’re ready to explore a new or favorite destination, contact one of our TierOne Travel agents. They have extensive experience in life-changing travel and will be able to craft something incredible that is suited to your unique needs.
One call; endless experiences!
“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous