With the new year approaching at a rapid speed we are seeing some destinations rising above the rest for the year of 2017. As air travel becomes easier and easier, we literally have the world at our fingertips when it comes to travel destinations.
To make your travel decisions a bit easier we have come up with seven locations that we believe will fulfill your travel desires in the year to come. Whether you are looking for soaking in the sun, studying the culture or drifting away in stunning scenery, this list has somewhere for you.
Ranging from some of the highest mountains in the world to the deepest jungles and vastest deserts, India has something for everyone. There is so much to see, do and eat in India but here is our top picks:
- The golden triangle connecting Delhi, Agra and Jaipur is a popular route including some of the most iconic temples such as the the Taj Mahal.
- Kanha national park is a lush jungle complete with bamboo forests and more wildlife than the mind could image.
- Goa is the place to see and be seen, with it’s increasing popularity Goa has gone from a sleepy beach town to a beach town with a flare of nightlife. Laze away the days on the beach sipping coconut and watching the golden sun set, then get on your dancing shoes and head out for a night on the town.
- The Kerala Backwaters are a chain of lagoons and lakes parallel to the Arabian sea. This tropical paradise makes for a perfect setting to spot varying aquatic life and maybe take a few nights on a floating house boat.
- Kanyakumari is an interesting stop where three ocean bodies collide- the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean, and the Arabian Sea. Famed for it’s picturesque scenery and opportunity to see the sunset and moonrise at the same time across the horizon.
There is nothing like Australia.
Both land and aquatic experiences in Australia are awe inspiringly beautiful. Home to one of the largest coral reefs in the world and a unique outback, a holiday to Australia will be filled with outback adventure, buzzing city life and life changing marine experiences. Some of our favorite spots include:
- The Great Barrier Reef
- The Great Ocean Road
- Kakadu National Park
- Sydney Harbour
- Melbourne City
- Bondi Beach
Oh My Great Britan.
The British Isles is comprised of Great Britain, Ireland, Wales, Scotland and over 5000 other tiny islands. With a vast amount of jaw dropping architecture, landscapes and cathedrals there is more than enough to see and sometimes to the point where it can be a challenge to pick where to go and what to see. Below are our favourites:
- Natural Hot Springs at Bath
- Britain’s most iconic Stonehenge
- Canterbury Cathedral a famed gothic cathedral
- Edinburgh and the Edinburgh festival
- Neolithic Orkney UNESCO world heritage site
- Blarney Stone
- Belfast Peace Walls
Pure. Natural. Unspoiled. Iceland.
Known as “The Land of Fire and Ice” Iceland is home to some of the largest glaciers in Europe and most active volcanos in the world. It is an outdoor enthusiasts dream and can also be a heaven for those who enjoy wellness tourism. With lots to see and do you might need some of the famed Iceland spas at the end of the day. Our top picks include:
- Spot the Northern Lights
- Hop into a Geothermal Pool
- Scuba Dive between the continental plates
- Skiing / snowboarding
- Whale watching
- Horseback riding on a unique icelandic horse
South America encompasses 12 countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Perú, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela. Each country has a unique flavour and more than one reason to go. In this region there is truly something for everyone, from sunbaking in Brazil, trekking in the Amazon, exploring the glaciers or simply enjoying tequila, salsa and the simpler way of life. With so many amazing options it’s hard for us give our favourite, but here are some of our recommendations:
- The Amazon, Peru
- Easter Island, Chile
- Angel Falls, Venezuela
- Galapagos Island, Ecuador
- Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia
- The Five Colours River, Columbia
- Mount Fitzroy, Argentina
- Atacama, Chile
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- La Paz, Bolivia
- Raquira, Colombia
Japan, where tradition meets future.
From cityscapes, natural beauty and novelty architecture, Japan will surprise you in the most astonishingly beautiful way possible. There is also a large historical and cultural aspect to travelling in Japan that offers much to see. Below are some of our favorite places to go and things to see:
- Tokyo City
- Himeji Castle
- Kiyomizu Temple
- Zen Rock garden
- Maruyama Park cherry blossom festival April – May
- Jigokudani Monkey Park
- Sensoji Temple
- Kinkakuji Temple
- Itsukushima Shrine
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
No matter where your travels take you in 2017 I am sure they will be filled with unforgettable stories and experiences unique to your journey. As Susan Sontag said “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list”.
Where are you heading next year? What travel destinations are on your radar? Leave us a note we would love to chat!