From East to West, North to South have you explored what the USA has to offer?
If you are living in Canada, there is a good chance that you have hopped across the border for a short visit to one of the 50 states. America is vastly different from state to state, and unless you have spent some time in all four corners (and sometime in-between), you are missing out on some of the world’s most iconic scenes.
Whatever it is that you are looking for, there is a good chance that you can find it in the United States of America. Therefore, when planning a trip, it is important to brainstorm your “must-haves”.
Are you looking for art, culture or unique cuisine? Are you flying South for some sun in the winter? Once you have uncovered your trips intentions, you can plot out one vacation at a time.
Must-see Cities in the USA
Must-see cities for art enthusiasts
- San Francisco is home to a vibrant art scene both indoors and outdoors. Street art and murals are of plenty and add to the colourful ambiance of the city. Head indoors to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art or The Glass Tower for unforgettable views.
- New York often tops most lists, and there is no exception when it comes to the arts. Home to over 100 museums including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, Guggenheim, Brooklyn Museum and New Museum of Contemporary Art. There is never a dull moment for any kind of traveller in New York.
- Atlanta shines in the area of performing arts. Theater, comedy, and ballet are just a few of the must-see events in the city. Another must-see is the unique, raw Krog Street Tunnel museum featuring stunning street art. For something more traditional, head to the leading art museum in the Southeastern United States the High Museum of Art.
Must-see cities for music lovers
- New Orleans is home to jazz music, and it is everywhere. The epicentre is the famous Bourbon Street. However, spontaneous sounds of rhythm pour out of almost every bar, restaurant, and cafe.
- Austin is often referred to as the “live music capital of the world” and is most known for its South by Southwest concert featuring music, film and interactive media. Austin is famed for its rock/alternative music genre.
- Nashville is often thought of as a jump pad for up & coming music artists to catch their first break. Because of this, live music is everywhere from big city stadiums to hole-in-the-wall dive bars. Sit back, relax and enjoy some music.
Must-see cities for foodies
- Los Angeles is a melting pot of cuisine from around the world, producing some of the world’s best fusion food. Street food and upscale restaurant fare alike is present in a vibrant, appetizing manner that will leave your taste buds buzzing with excitement to try more …. And believe us when we say, there is no shortage of places to try in Los Angeles! From Little Tokyo to West Hollywood, you will be out of time before you are out of restaurants.
- Chicago is home to deep-dish pizza and hotdogs. It may not be a dieter’s dream, but it is a food truck heaven. Creative dishes meet traditional comforts for some downright tasty food.
- Portland has a lot to offer when it comes to the food scene. Farmers markets and gourmet cuisine is in abundance, and there is no sign of slowing down when it comes to mouthwatering cuisine produced by world-class chefs. The craft beer scene in Portland is also a noteworthy experience. Pair some of your favourite cuisine with local brews, or walk along one of the many ale trails.
Must-see cities for snowbirds
- Fort Lauderdale is a haven for snowbirds due to its warm temperatures, beautiful beaches, gourmet restaurants and luxury accommodations. The city was built to be enjoyed with a large yachting community and a cosmopolitan centre.
- Sedona is a great place if you are looking to get active in the sun. There are many hiking trail options from beginner to advanced, as well as an active yoga community and a strong emphasis on spiritual health and wellness.
- Maui and all of Hawaii is an old faithful when it comes to snowbird destinations. It’s hard to beat the warm (not too hot) sunny days, sandy beaches, and daily fresh catch seafood. Explore one or all of the islands on a Hawaiian getaway.
Exploring the 50 states.
There are many more places to see that we were not able to fit into this list.
As always, travel is personal and to create an unforgettable experience, personalized planning is key. Let one of our experienced travel specialists do the hard work and deliver your dream vacation!